ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS MANAGER
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
ACCOUNTING SYTEMS MANAGER
Return to Search
THE JIST: Manages the utilization and integrity of the PeopleSoft Accounting applications from the user side. Provides financial report and process design, implementation and maintenance support for the Accounting Team and Company management.
• Provides user maintenance for PeopleSoft Financial and Payroll applications including testing of system updates and modifications
• Provide financial report design, testing and maintenance for management and Accounting
• Coordinate monthly financial close process including report integrity, distribution and archival
• Key liaison between Accounting and IT related to system performance and maintenance
• Training Accounting end users related to system functions and utilization
• Ensures compliance of established internal controls for area of responsibility
• Evaluate business process requirements versus system capabilities, determine appropriate solutions and implement changes
• Has a large degree of independence in managing a projects and processes
• Accountable for setting short-term goals, and has input in department’s long-term and strategic goals
• Develop and implement solutions to problems encountered that may have implications across multiple functional areas
• Receives general direction from supervisor, but has authority to prioritize own workload
• Frequently makes recommendations that are given significant weight, and has some authority to modify processes, interpret policies, or recommend programs that will directly impact the business
• Holds ultimate accountability for short-term goals of the functional area
• May not manage people directly, but may closely manage a large number of outside vendors and/or projects with significant impact on the business
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or IT
• Three to five years related experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to design and implement team structure, hire and motivate employees and team members
• Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Strong research, process flow and strategic thinking skills
• Strong systems/ technical skills related to systems applications and Microsoft Office products
Non-traditional work environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room and we get everyone together quarterly where we relax and catch up over ice cold “refreshments”.
Combination of work at office and work from home schedule
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We work hard, play hard and have FUN! EOE
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.