Vice President Supply Chain
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
Return to Search
The Vice President Supply Chain is responsible for the overall procurement and distribution of food, beverage, operating supplies and equipment, redemption merchandise as well as quality assurance and logistics. Total 2019 spend was approximately $250 million for 135 stores. This position has three direct reports with oversight of a total team of about 15 including a local distribution center.
YOU WILL BE AN OUTSTANDING VP SUPPLY CHAIN IF:
• You embrace being a leader and succeed when your team succeeds.
• You enjoy mentoring and give clear direction.
• You love our stores and take pride in great customer service!
• You are a person of integrity and treat everyone with respect.
• You are a life-long learner and stay up to date with the latest and greatest trends.
• You lose sleep over an out of stock item.
• You are passionate about serving the headquarters staff and enabling the fun.
• You get excited about improving processes and profitability.
• You enjoy being part of a team and are always willing to pitch in and help where needed.
• You can effectively communicate to Executives and articulate successes and opportunities using performance metrics.
• You live, love and embrace the D&B Culture!
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
• Sets the vision of the Supply Chain team and creates action plans to enhance effectiveness, efficiency and company profitability
• Directly manages three employees with oversight of a total team of 15+ responsible for coaching, mentoring, professional development and performance assessments
• Responsible for all aspects of food/beverage/operating supplies/equipment/redemption merchandise procurement, distribution and logistics
• Oversees quality assurance to ensure product offerings are safe and within specification. Proactively identifies and minimizes food and other safety risks
• Develops mutually beneficial relationships with vendor partners
• Oversees WIN redemption prize retail store with responsibility for product offerings and planogram design
• Issues RFPs and negotiates contracts to obtain products and services at favorable terms
• Enables new store openings from a Supply Chain perspective
• Oversees logistics and freight including an internally managed distribution center
• Ensures Supply Chain systems and workflow processes run smoothly
• The ever popular all other duties as assigned
• Collaborates with:
o Operations and store management to understand and resolve issues
o Corporate departments to meet common objectives
o Partner companies to get requisite work done in an effective and efficient way
o The Supply Chain team to set and achieve department goals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, REQUIRED SKILLS
• 20+ years of experience encompassing hospitality and retail purchasing and distribution
• Strong understanding of food & beverage products as well as hospitality operating supplies & equipment
• Established relationships with major hospitality vendor partners
• Knowledge of retail including product selection and merchandising
• Demonstrated proficiency with logistics and warehouse management
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
• Expert experience with ERP systems and Supply Chain technical operating procedures
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven organizational skills
• Undergraduate degree required in a related field. A graduate degree and/or formal continuing education a plus
• Potential for some travel
• Reports to the Senior Vice President Finance and Supply Chain
Non-traditional office work environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, and we get everyone together for “Parties on the Patio” where we relax and catch up over ice cold “refreshments”.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We work hard, play hard and have FUN!
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.