Director, Business Intelligence
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
Return to Search
The Director, Business Intelligence will build and lead a business intelligence team that is responsible for company-wide analytics and the use of data to drive business decisions across the organization. Leveraging a hub-and-spoke model, this position will lead the efforts to give decision makers across the organization rapid access to data required to make data-informed decisions, leverage actionable insights, and position Dave & Buster’s for long-term success.
YOU WILL BE AN OUTSTANDING DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS INTELLGENCE IF:
• You inspire your team to be more than great.
• You are passionate about supporting the stores and enabling the fun.
• You are focused on service and enjoy being part of a team.
• You live, love and embrace the D&B Culture!
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
• Works with leaders and analysts embedded across the organization to lead the creation and implementation of Dave & Buster’s data strategy and establish the framework to promote accurate, precise, and useful data products that align with the strategic needs of key stakeholders
• Prioritizes organization’s data requests and needs, based on available resources and strategic priorities
• Designs, develops, and deploys effective data analytics processes that support strategic and tactical business objectives
• Designs models, dynamic dashboards, and methodologies for identifying data trends that enhance strategic decision making, drive revenue growth, and/or enhance efficiencies across the business
• Leads development, implementation, and training efforts to create self-service tools, systems, and personalized dashboards to allow departments to rapidly access and visualize data, identify trends, and report on KPIs
• Acts as a collaborative leader engaging cross functionally with leaders to identify business challenges and gaps, provide insights, and create strategies for optimizing business intelligence solutions
• Translates complex analytical concepts into practical terms and actionable insights
• Provides advice and guidance to leaders across the organization, considering external competitive or cooperative opportunities, internal strengths and opportunities, and the Company’s strategic priorities
• Supports data governance and data quality assurance efforts across the organization; creates data validation frameworks to ensure source systems contain complete and accurate data and models and dashboards return accurate results
• Maintains awareness of industry trends and evaluates potential impact on Dave & Buster’s business intelligence efforts, business results, and organizational strategy.
• Partners with leaders across the organization to build and present business cases for new products or initiatives, monitor and report on tests, and recommend courses of action
• Partners with IT and other departments to manage relationships with software vendors
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, REQUIRED SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or Mathematics; Master’s Degree preferred
• At least 7 years of experience in business intelligence in a large organization, with a history of progressively increasing responsibility
• At least 7 years of progressive management experience
• Experience in restaurant, hospitality, or retail industries preferred
Non-traditional office work environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, and we get everyone together for “Parties on the Patio” where we relax and catch up over ice cold “refreshments”.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We work hard, play hard and have FUN!
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.