Director of Consumer Insights & Analytics
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
The Director of Consumer Insights & Analytics, you will lead and develop Dave & Buster’s advanced analytic capabilities to provide deep business insights, accelerate data-driven decision making, and help drive initiatives focused on delivering customer frequency. This role will support Dave & Buster’s digital transformation, reporting to the VP of Digital Marketing.
Return to Search
• Lead execution of Data and Market Insights Analytics initiatives and activities.
• Responsible for the creation and analysis of reports that deliver insights and trends into both customer and business initiatives across all of D&B’s channels, focusing on customer success metrics, sales attribution, and ROI
• Uncover behavioral insights across the customer journey to aid understanding of consumer interactions and develop opportunities to engage customers and drive our business
• Establish an expertise for predictive modeling and customer segmentation to support or create new opportunities to engage customers in more relevant ways.
• Direct actionable datasets to append to customers for use in increased targeting and personalization opportunities across our channels (web, app, email).
• Partner with Technology teams and Marketing leads to ensure delivery of business and technical enablement across all digital properties to ensure better data capture
• Create actionable insights through segmentation and modeling
• Ability to access and mine first party data across multiple channels to:
o Define and measure customer behavior KPIs related to marketing priorities
o Create dashboards to analyze trends, track known customer behaviors, and attribute sales across channels
o Identify behavioral insights across the customer journey (all channels) to aid understanding of consumer interactions and opportunities to drive our business
o Measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives based on changes in customer behavior; manage test/control campaigns related to market, CRM, or media tests – and link back to conversion
o Create clusters and segmentation designed to influence and drive frequency; leverage to increase effectiveness of targeted marketing initiatives
o Recommend programs to deliver measurable increases in customer frequency and spend
• Support ad hoc analyses to provide deep insights into key business issues and trends.
• Develop and communicate digital metrics and return on investment measurements
• Recommend programs to deliver measurable increases in customer frequency and spend
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 8+ years’ experience managing consumer level analytics and modeling; retail experience is a plus
• Demonstrated data and analytics skill, and experience translating guests’ insights and key learnings into action
• Self-starter who is able to be hands-on and can analyze, interpret and derive insights into business reports, analytic models, and data sources.
• Experience with effectively presenting and influencing stakeholder strategic business decisions based on complex data analytics.
• Ability to effectively convey business requirements to development teams.
• Experience working with Agile Project Management methodologies.
• Demonstrated data visualization and querying expertise.
• Working knowledge of data management and architecture to assist our analysts in optimizing our data assets to support business operations.
• Working knowledge of probability and statistics is required
• Experience with programming languages (R, SQL, Python), predictive modeling, customer segmentation, and Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau).
• Strong statistical inclination, able to synthesize data into concise business tactics
• Ability to work collaboratively and on a stand-alone basis
• Positive Energy
• Non-traditional work environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room and we get everyone together for “Parties on the Patio” where we relax and catch up over ice cold “refreshments”.
We work hard, play hard and have FUN!
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.