M10023: Assistant Kitchen Manager
WHAT IS AN ASSISTANT KITCHEN MANAGER? As the leaders of the Kitchen, AKMs are the culinary experts who keep our Kitchens in pristine operating conditions. You get to select and motivate an elite group of BOH employees.
- Consistently meet or exceed the standard of food safety and food quality to insure the guest experience
- Assist in hiring, training, retaining and developing promotable people
- Optimize financial results by controlling costs (i.e. food waste, food production)
- Execute Flight plan when scheduled to be Kitchen Manager on duty
- To insure the execution of Dave and Buster's operating standards and philosophies in the kitchen.
- Supervise the kitchen during a shift, creating the energy, teamwork and morale needed to provide an excellent
- Have a game plan for the shift to include goals for ticket times, staff development and profitability
- Execute opening, pre-closing, and closing procedures according to the standard
- Hold staff accountable for performance by providing feedback throughout the shift and by checking people out
- Manage the labor goals for the shift by recommending to BOH Managers cuts as volume dictates in order to
- Maintain a safe (physical plant and food hygiene) and secure environment for all staff
- Insure the freshness of all food product through proper purchasing and product rotation
- Insure the quality of all product to the guest through recipe adherence, quality control and ticket timelines
Assist Kitchen Manager in setting department goals
- Oversee the execution and administration of the MIT training program
- Oversee the execution and administration of the staff hat program
- Conduct recipe and station validation daily
- Oversee the development of certified trainers in the kitchen
- Assist KM with staff performance evaluations
- Make wage increase and termination recommendations to Kitchen Manager as needed
Follow purchasing guidelines to insure overall financial accountability for product and supply inventory, etc.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicate regularly with staff members using all available communications tools (i.e. one on ones)
- Communicate weekly with the Kitchen Manager regarding progress on departmental goals and/or area of
- Complete projects as established by the Kitchen Manager in a timely fashion
- Assist in the follow up on all changes to Dave and Buster's food products, kitchen systems, staff training and procedures
- Insure the timely completion of all repairs to kitchen equipment and facility
LEGAL MAKES US SAY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Must be open to relocation as part of your career progression with Dave & Buster’s. If at any time you are no longer able to relocate, it may impact your ability to stay in the AKM role.
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 50-60 pounds.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
OK, now that "Legal" is over, how could you not want to work here!