Sr. VP, General Counsel
Dallas, TX Corporate World Headquarters
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
The position of General Counsel provides advice and counsel on a variety of business topics to include, but not limited to, policy, employment, contract, government relations, procurement, SEC filings, franchising, intellectual property, corporate matters, mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance, litigation and commercial transactions. Our General Counsel, along with the Senior Team, is responsible for building and maintaining a culture that combines the highest standard of integrity with responsive, practical approaches.
Return to Search
• Manages all litigation in which Company is involved and sets strategy for resolution thereof.
• Provides legal advice and represents Company in legal proceedings regarding employment and public accommodation.
• Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk avoidance and mitigation; develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid similar situations in the future.
• Analyzes and classifies risks as to frequency and potential severity, and measures financial impact on company.
• Represents corporation in various transactions, including leasing, public and private debt financing, acquisitions and mergers, and commercial contracts.
• Manage external counsel and general litigation
• Manage all aspects of government relations. Identify, analyze and report on important legislative and regulatory developments
• Reviews and prepares business contracts and administers legal aspects of site acquisitions and property and lease portfolios as well as other legal matters
• Manages insurance programs such as fidelity, surety, liability, property and workers’ compensation.
• Directs insurance negotiations, selects and manages the activities of insurance brokers and carriers, and places insurance
• Responds to government investigations and queries as the principal point of contact. Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
• Manage corporate structure of Company. Ensure compliance with all corporate and securities laws. Timely file all documents required of public company by SEC.
• Write and administer complex vendor, client and employment contracts as needed
• Manages Risk Management and Security Departments
• Set strategy for company legal affairs
• Responsible for obtaining and renewing all business and operating permits necessary for the Company to conduct its business
• Direct supervision of Associate General Counsel, Corporate Paralegal, Director of Security, Director of Risk Management, and Executive Assistant.
• Participates as part of Company’s executive leadership team, helping set strategic vision for the Company’s future.
• Provide counsel and legal support to the Board of Directors.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• JD and ten to twenty years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Multi-unit environment within the restaurant or retail industry is highly preferred
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee must use hands to finger, handle or feel. Must reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Non-traditional work environment. We have games in the lobby and we get everyone together monthly for “Party on the Patio” where we relax and catch up over ice cold “refreshments”.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We work hard, play hard and have FUN!
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.