World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
Return to Search
• A variety of corporate legal matters, legal research and contract interpretation. Will report to and work under the supervision of the Associate General Counsel. You will provide legal assistance and support to the Company’s Development and Operations teams relating to the licensing and permitting renewals for ongoing operations of existing store locations nationwide, with a special emphasis on liquor and amusement licenses. Your position will also include responsibility for ensuring ongoing Company compliance with various laws, providing analysis and support of attorneys and managers relating to existing leases, miscellaneous corporate governance matters, and review of special events contracts
• Review of stores’ vendor contracts.
• Review of special events contracts.
• Provide support for corporate matters, including corporate governance and SEC filings, as needed.
• Research and interpret lease provisions, along with any amendments, modifications or related contracts (e.g., REAs, parking agreements, etc.)
• Process estoppel certificates, SNDA agreements and memorandums of lease.
• Assist with landlord/tenant disputes and issues.
• Maintain real estate file system.
• Track lease compliance and renewal requirements.
• Liaison with landlords, contractors, and operations individuals to assure compliance with lease provisions.
• Assist in trademark and copyright registrations, renewals, and disputes.
LIQUOR AND AMUSEMENT LICENSING
• Maintain records, compiles information, and submits the necessary forms to various governmental agencies in order to keep restaurants in compliance with all licensing laws.
• Ensures the timely and accurate submission of materials to state agencies in order to obtain and renew all licenses.
• Oversees liquor and amusement license compliance and assists in identifying and interpreting changing of such laws.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date licensing files.
• Researches and responds to questions from restaurants regarding special events promotions, overall compliance and other issues.
• Researches and responds to questions from Marketing team regarding national and local promotions, overall compliance and other issues.
• Coordinates with outside counsel regarding state-specific questions on licensing and promotions.
• Schedules fingerprinting of officers and managers when necessary.
• Has a high-level of independence in autonomously managing teams and setting and interpreting policies
• Accountable for setting team’s short-term goals, and has input in Legal department’s long-term and strategic goals
• Encounters problems with a mix of creative and standardized solutions
• Receives general direction from manager but has authority to prioritize own workload
• Frequently makes recommendations that are given significant weight, and has some authority to modify processes, interpret policies, or recommend programs that will directly impact the business
• Holds ultimate accountability for short-term goals of the functional area
• Four year degree from college preferred, but not required; five years of experience as a paralegal is required
• Effective listening and learning skills
• Excellent attention to detail and follow through
• Ability to think analytically and resolve problems
• Ability to function successfully, to organize priorities and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Confidence, professionalism, and well-developed interpersonal skills in order to interact and communicate both in writing and verbally with co-workers, in-house attorneys, outside counsel/paralegals, restaurant and field personnel, members of other home office departments, corporate executives and government agencies and to work in a highly confidential team environment
• Ability to work independently while maintaining a willingness and ability to work in a team environment and support multiple team members
• Positive attitude and sense of humor required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer.