VP, Culinary and Beverage R&D
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
This leadership role is responsible for guiding and directing development, production and financial aspects of D&B’s products and services related to food and beverage.
Return to Search
• Create new, innovative and proprietary food and beverage products that build on the D&B “Fun American New Gourmet” strategy.
o Strong culinary ideation skills.
o Maximize consumer insight and analytics to identify high-potential new products for both broad and specific targets.
o Leverage vendors and internal partners (Purchasing, Operations).
o Evaluate trends to determine relevance to D&B.
o Understands chain restaurant operations, and develops products that work within the D&B system.
• Pro-actively search out opportunities to optimize Food and Beverage at D&B.
o Example: identify where quality can be improved, we can reduce COGs, upgrade presentations, etc.
o Partner with vendors and internal resources (Purchasing, Finance) to select ingredients and develop operational procedures to enhance the guest experience.
• Ensure all F&B initiatives (new products, ingredient changes, menus etc.) are communicated effectively to the field.
o Manages development of F&B communication tools.
• Leverage analytics to better understand dynamics of food and beverage offerings (product mix, revenue, profitability, pricing, etc.).
o Regularly evaluate results of F&B and present to the senior leadership team.
• Partner with Marketing team members to design, refine and optimize materials for all F&B-related initiatives.
o Includes Main Menus, Beverage Menus, POP.
• Direct the preparation of short-term and long-range F&B plans, process and budgets based on company goals (“Improve Food Offerings & Perception”, “Raise the Bar on Bar”).
o 3 Food Launches/Year
• Establish operating policies consistent with D&B’s broad policies and objectives and ensure their execution.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
• 10+ years of related experience culinary operations and development experience
• Innovative and strategic thinker. Capable of developing compelling culinary strategies
• Demonstrated ability to successfully develop scalable and sustaining recipe, menu and programs for multi-unit restaurant concepts
• Strong statistical inclination, able to synthesize data into concise business tactics
• Ability to work collaboratively and on a stand-alone basis
• Innate ability to inspire team
• Degree in Culinary Arts or Master’s Degree (M.A. or MBA) or equivalent a plus
• ACF Certified Executive Chef (CEC) preferred
• Passion for food and beverage INNOVATION
• Positive Energy
• Non-traditional work environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room and we get everyone together monthly for “Party on the Patio” where we relax and catch up over ice cold “refreshments”.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We work hard, play hard and have FUN!
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer.