M10024: Amusements Manager
WHAT IS AN AMUSEMENT MANAGER? Our AMs are our authorities on PLAY. As the leaders of the Midway, AMs are the technical experts who keep our games in "ideal playing conditions," select and motivate an elite group of game technicians, and manage the Winner's Circle costs to ensure the overall financial success of the store.
YOU WILL BE GREAT AT D&B IF:
- You love working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted Restaurant/Entertainment scene.
- You have never met a simulator you can't fix!
- You like working with millions of dollars worth of the latest and greatest games and a team that is worth twice that!
- You have a friendly, engaging management style that our Guests and employees would enjoy!
- You are able to communicate to the "less tech savvy" in a way that inspires FUN!
- You like immediate gratification! Nothing better than making someone's experience better or inspiring your team to play at a higher level!
- You can live, love and embrace the Dave & Buster's culture!
DAY IN THE LIFE...
Everybody is Somebody! At D&B, we believe that each person and every position matters; everyone contributes to our success!
- People, got to like them, they are the MOST important asset!
- Feel the power! You get to build a team that is the envy of every other concept!
- You are the head coach of a talented group of Techs, and you are responsible for hiring, training, developing and retaining the best in the industry.
- You HAVE TO celebrate your team's successes, train them on the latest game repair techniques, and develop their strengths.
- You get to drive results through your team.
You Got It! At D&B, we believe that each person and every position matters; everyone contributes to our success!
- The "You Got It" attitude is contagious - it starts with you, extends to your team and makes our Guests love spending time at D&B!
- The "You Got It" attitude is contagious - it starts with you, extends to your team and makes our Guests love spending time in YOUR Midway!
- You lead from the front and set the FUN (PACE & TONE) for the shift.
- You make executive decisions - if you see a Guest in need, you have the power to identify a fix and MAKE IT HAPPEN!
- We strive for 100% "game playability," and this means that you and your team are fixing the games really fast!
- To make sure "You've Got It" and you can repair games on the fly, you maintain a "Tech Room" which consists of parts inventory and the tools needed. We also have a Games Depot in Dallas that does some of the heavy lifting on the hard to fix games.
Fun to the Core At D&B, we just can't help entertaining Guests and showing them a great time.
- " Like to party? We like to party… You get to host mini parties shiftly, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually to communicate and motivate your team.
- You know every trick and game secret-- share it, pass it on and our Guests will love you!
- Your "office" is everyone else's playground, and you help create the experience.
Founders' Spirit At D&B, we believe that having the passion, pride and drive are what makes us different.
- We are passionate about winning and love to celebrate success - you work hand-in-hand with the rest of the management team to drive financial results in your store to new heights.
- Safety first. You create a well maintained, safe, secure, and sanitary environment for all D&B Guests and staff.
- And, because we expect you to "Act like you own it," your job includes everything listed above PLUS the ever-popular "other duties as assigned." If you see a need, meet it; if you have an idea, share it; if you see a team member needing help, jump in and lend a hand!
- Non typical Restaurant environment. We have great food, millions of dollars' worth of games, host the best Special Events and have thousands of people coming to have FUN!
- You, like Johnny Cash, get to wear all black!
- We work on the games when the guests are not in the building (for the most part) so; your schedule is pretty much all days. However, you do need to know how the other half works, so there are some nights and weekends (but you write the schedule!)
LEGAL MAKES US SAY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
OK, now that "Legal" is over, how could you not want to work here!